1ds firmware

Discussion in 'Technical Troubleshooting' started by Brian Tracy, Sep 17, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Brian Tracy

Brian Tracy New Member

Equipment:
    Canon 1D, 1ds, 1D mark ll, mark llN, mark lll
    Hello,
    I recently purchased a 1ds (my second) and every image is red and the quality is terrible. I checked the firmware and it read 2.0.0 I know the last firmware update for the 1ds was version 1.0.3 which Canon has deleted. I would like to install 1.0.3 but I cannot find it anywhere, does anyone by chance have the disk with this version? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    That firmware came out in 2004 only 2 years after the camera released. It is numbered 1.0.3 which is basically one of the first firmware releases based on numbering scheme. Canon usually hits firmware 2.X before stopping the firmware updates, when they bump to 2.x that is when they have considered bugs stabilized. While i never used the camera and the page is down I am pretty confident that you have the updated firmware for your camera, they are specific to the model so you should not have another models firmware installed. I found a link online by searching that I am not sure i trust to download and I highly recommend not downgrading the firmware backwards as it could brick the camera.

Have you dived into custom color/wb and picture profiles? I would wonder if your saturation s set really off. Also does this mean you are shooting JPG and not raw with this type of camera? In raw you would be able to see what is applied when you open on your computer and reset such settings. And if all that fails I suppose it is possible your 18 year old camera sensor finally died.

http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/5/0900000245/01/EOS1DsIM-EN.pdf