2X Extender Series111 problem.

Discussion in 'Technical Troubleshooting' started by Ian Hardy, Sep 18, 2021.

1. Ian Hardy

Ian Hardy New Member

Equipment:
    Canon 1DX MKll Canon 300mm f2.8 L IS Series 11
    I have just noticed what looks like a chewed up rubber washer inside the Extender, Canon UK were supposed to have replaced the inner parts in October 2020 and told me yesterday to send it back to them
    so that they can look at it again but I will have to pay for any work done.

Any ideas what has caused this this is the second Extender that I have had this problem with.

Thanks in advance

ian.

2. Caladina

Caladina Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    Canon M50
    Canon 18-45mm m, Canon 18-150mm m, Canon 55-200mm m, Canon 22mm m, Canon 28mm m macro,
    Sigma 100-400c ef, Sigma 18-35mm art ef,
    7artisans 7.5mm m, Laowa 100mm macro ef, laowa 9mm zeroD m, Vintage M42 Lenses:
    Ashi Super - Takumar 1.8 / 55mm,
    i was going to say i had the same problem with my x2 converter mkIII, i remember a rubber gasket coming loose a couple of times from under the mount but i just went to check it and i couldn't see where it was loose from, maybe i'm remembering it wrong and it was an ext tube but i'm sure it was something where the extended element rubber was catching on something as i remove them.
    it will happen again at some point and i'll take a smudge and post it.

from what i remember it was arubber gasket that came from under an ef mount, i just popped it back in, maybe it was the extender pulling out a rear gasket from a lens.

i do weird things with mine, stack them tube them insert optics in them

3. Craig Sherriff

Craig Sherriff Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    60D, 10D, 50D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses. Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    Welcome to the forum Ian, This is something I would question, the work done should at least have some sort of guarantee.

4. Ian Hardy

Ian Hardy New Member

Equipment:

5. Ian Hardy

Ian Hardy New Member

Equipment:
    The washer I am referring to is inside the extender!!