7D issue - bad CF slot

Discussion in 'Technical Troubleshooting' started by emergo, Apr 25, 2017.

1. emergo

emergo New Member Site Supporter

my office has a 7D that has some bent / missing pins in the CF slot - any idea of how much this would cost to repair? I'm trying to decide if it's worth the expense of getting it fixed. thanks.

2. Ray-UK

Ray-UK Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    Canon 7D Mk II, Canon 10-22, Canon 24-105 L Mk 1, Canon 24mm 2.8, Canon 55-250 STM, Canon 100mm usm macro, 3x Metz 58 AF1 & too many film cameras, mainly Pentax
    There is one listed here:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CANON-EOS-7D-CF-PIN-ASSEMBLY-NEW-NEU-Kartenleser-CF-/321729947183
    Looks to be an easy replacement job if you have the ability to open up the camera yourself, otherwise I would imagine Canon would probably charge around £250 - £300. Canon will give you a free quote for repair but you will probably have to send them the camera first.

3. Mike

Mike New Member Site Supporter

Even better is this one on Ebay who will do the job for you for £50.

Depends where you are in the world but I'm sure others will do it in your area.

4. Craig Sherriff

Craig Sherriff Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    60D, 10D, 50D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses. Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    This reply is a very late one but if your problem still exists, get a wire bag Tye, the plastic covered ones and strip the plastic off and insert the wire in the hole, all the way into the CF card, that positions over the missing pin.
    have a small amount sticking out of the card so as to make contact where the pin is broken off. Insert the card.
    If the wire sticking out makes contact with the remains of the broken pin, the camera should hopefully download to the card. Not a perfect fix but could help out in a pinch.