Best time to buy and Canon offers?

Discussion in 'Canon EOS Digital SLRs' started by Tony_D, Sep 19, 2022.

1. Tony_D

Tony_D New Member

I am looking to buy the R5 and wondering when the next round of Canon offers will be and what the best time will be to buy before December (in the UK)?

I am planning on buying a couple of lenses with the camera, battery, adapter etc. Will I be able to negotiate a discount and what level should I be looking at?

2. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    I have not payed close attention to season sales in a while. Two things drive these usually, new releases and available stock. Historically they have rebates with purchase deals Fall and Spring moving stock ahead or before big announcements. No guarantee that will happen though.

I would not expect a deep discount, 10-15% are the higher rebates I see on gear. Some Bodies get a good value on a bundle with the popular lens they like to sell with the body and produce a lot of .... for example on a DSLR or R5 that would be probably a form of the 24-105L.
    You may get some deal from a camera shop depending on exactly what your buying, but they aren't making much money on big lenses and bodies, their profit margin comes from the rest of the accessories they sell.

Tony_D likes this.