Camera and lens advice

Discussion in 'Beginner Questions' started by KPsplash, Jul 5, 2018.

1. KPsplash

KPsplash New Member

Equipment:
    5D mark iii
    Hi All

I'm new to the forum and would like to ask advice on what camera and lenses you would buy, if you had say,£5000 to spend? I'm not a beginner but not a professional either. I photograph wildlife, sport, landscape mainly. I'd like something that has wi-fi and preferably full frame. Looking at a camera body and a couple of lenses at least, one "walk around" lens and one telephoto definitely. I'm looking to upgrade from my Pentax K 5ii. Love the look of the 5d iii and iv

Would love to hear from you and hear your recommendations and experiences!

Thanks all!

I'm in the UK

2. Robert Shears

Robert Shears Active Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    Pentax K-5, K-r, K20D, K100D Super.
    Canon G5, Canon 450D, Eos 100, 500, 600, T70 and T90
    Konica Minolta 7D
    Various OEM and 3rd party lenses in Pentax, Minolta and Canon.
    With that budget there will be options of Canon and Nikon, Sony and Pentax (to a lesser degree), I have nothing to offer but hopefully some full frame members will have some good suggestions for you. Personally having double the amount of legacy lenses in Pentax than my other cameras means I would probably stay with them and the K-1ii or maybe go mirrorless. Unfortunately I do not have a suitable budget!

3. KPsplash

KPsplash New Member

Equipment:
    5D mark iii
    I'm really just asking what people would do if they had that budget and could pick a Canon body and assortment of lenses. A sort of fantasy Canon league? :)

4. Robert Shears

Robert Shears Active Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    Pentax K-5, K-r, K20D, K100D Super.
    Canon G5, Canon 450D, Eos 100, 500, 600, T70 and T90
    Konica Minolta 7D
    Various OEM and 3rd party lenses in Pentax, Minolta and Canon.
    Fair enough, I think some of the Canon L lenses would be my thoughts, might get 3 or even 4 for £5,000! (Assuming that used lenses would also be available). There are some cracking lenses in the Canon catalogue!