Canon 70d any issues after being fixed?

Discussion in 'Technical Troubleshooting' started by kateBernays, Mar 5, 2019.

1. kateBernays

kateBernays New Member

Equipment:
    Canon 70d
    Hi,
    My 70d just came back from being fixed after the dreaded error80 issue - but I'm now paranoid the same thing will happen again! Surely if I am using live view (which seems to burn out the motherboard) the same error will occur? The reason I ask is I have a few trips away I am documenting and once I am in the forest there will be no other option if it fails.
    Am I paranoid? Has anyone had their 70d fixed?

Thanks everyone

2. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    A little Canon stuff
    I have not had the repair done.

The hardest thing is regaining trust in your equipment after a repair. You will have to be pretty unlucky to get two failures in the same camera. I am sure it is possible. I would take the camera out for a test run before you go on your trips to make sure it is working as it should. For some form of insurance, you could always pick up a cheap used second body to take with you.

Gary

3. kateBernays

kateBernays New Member

Equipment:
    Canon 70d
    Thanks GDN. Yes, it is regaining that trust. Rather than buying a cheap body (nothing is cheap here in New Zealand!) I would rather invest in another camera. Right now (with canon's lack of 4k options compared to similar priced brands) I am considering jumping ship. We'll see how it goes.
    Thanks for response!