Canon 750D (software problems or maybe mechanical issues?)

Discussion in 'Technical Troubleshooting' started by Daniel Yuen, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Daniel Yuen

Daniel Yuen New Member

Equipment:
    Canon 750D, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-300mm
    Hi,
    I'm new to the forum and i'm seeking help with my 750D I've had for almost 2 years.There seems to be problems with the software or maybe the mechanics. I can take a few photos with it but after a while it will stop working, it will not take any images and when i switch from the viewfinder to the live view it will display a black screen. And when i try to switch it off, the LCD stays on. The only way i could take more photos is to take the whole battery out but then the cycle returns and continues. I have a video of the issues but can't upload so if you would like to see here is a link to the video. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qimTp_psVbcT-afbRje-s45xl4ChMHRi/view?usp=sharing

2. porkphoto

porkphoto Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    Cameras 1DmkIII, 1DSmkII, 50d, 7d, 6d, 70d, 5Ds ,90D , R7, R5
    Lens 17-40 f4L, 24-70 f4L IS, 100 f2.8L IS macro, 200 f2.8L, 300 f4L IS, 300 f2.8L, 100-400 f4.5-5.6L IS, 500mm f4L IS
    Welcome to the forum. I don't think its anything serious, your video jumps around too much and too quickly so I can't see your settings. Double check all settings on your camera, you might want to consider trying to start from basic recommendations and work up from there.

3. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    It is hard to see whats going on, I see you pressing the live view button again and again to switch it on and off. I did not see the camera turned off and on. But yes if you are having problems with it not powering off then something is shorted out electrically and you should call Canon customer service, anything like that I would have looked at right away if under warranty before things get worse.

rayallen likes this.
  4. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    A little Canon stuff
    I have not watched the video, but I would suggest all the normal things. Latest firmware installed, fully charged battery, clean all contacts, and a factory reset.

Otherwise, it is off the Canon doctor.

Gary