Canon 80D

Discussion in 'Beginner Questions' started by Orsouane, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Orsouane

Orsouane New Member

Equipment:
    canon 80D
    80d cannon
    Hello I am new in photography and among my worries that each time I shoot , either a busy message that appears or the screen remains black and the light next to the SD card lit in red and the photo is blurry . Thank you in advance.

2. Caladina

Caladina Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    Canon M50
    Canon 18-45mm m, Canon 18-150mm m, Canon 55-200mm m, Canon 22mm m, Canon 28mm m macro,
    Sigma 100-400c ef, Sigma 18-35mm art ef,
    7artisans 7.5mm m, Laowa 100mm macro ef, laowa 9mm zeroD m, Vintage M42 Lenses:
    Ashi Super - Takumar 1.8 / 55mm,
    i have no exp with this camera but it sounds like what can happen if you have a long exposure with noise reduction activated.
    i only know this from my M50, the camera will take a picture then for as long as the exposure was it will take the same timed shot but with a closed shutter so it can subtract the noise on the black screen from the image hence the busy signal.
    the long exp thing would explain the blurry too.
    or it could be something else :)
    there are others here with better knowledge of the 80d
    in meantime check through your settings

3. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    A little Canon stuff

Any chance of posting some images with your exposure settings.

Gary

4. Caladina

Caladina Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    Canon M50
    Canon 18-45mm m, Canon 18-150mm m, Canon 55-200mm m, Canon 22mm m, Canon 28mm m macro,
    Sigma 100-400c ef, Sigma 18-35mm art ef,
    7artisans 7.5mm m, Laowa 100mm macro ef, laowa 9mm zeroD m, Vintage M42 Lenses:
    Ashi Super - Takumar 1.8 / 55mm,
    any update to the situation orsouane?

5. Ellinor William

Ellinor William New Member

Equipment:
    Canon EOS 90DSLR
    Another reason for blurry photos is the shutter speed is below 1/60th of a second. When hand holding this can cause blurry shots because the shutter speed is too slow, so always make sure when you half press the shutter button that you take note what your shutter speed is.
    You can always leverage a repair software to fix your photo errors. You can use Photoshop or repair tools like Stellar which can fix your perfectly captured image.

6. Craig Sherriff

Craig Sherriff Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    60D, 10D, 50D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses. Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    As Caladina said. please put up the images and settings, are you using Manual as anything under 1 / 50th of a second a tripod will be needed. If you have a busy signal that means you have the shutter speed set to a very slow speed, eg' 1 30th of a second which means the shutter has not closed yet you get a busy message if you try to take another image, I have a 60D very similar and had this happen to me.