Canon built-in intervalometer

Discussion in 'Canon EOS Digital SLRs' started by simon brough, Apr 29, 2019.

1. simon brough

simon brough New Member

Equipment:
    Canon EOS 200D
    Hi,

I have recently purchased the EOS 200D. I've been having a play around with the built in interval timer. When I import into iPhoto's on my mac it imports as a video but is there anyway to import as individual photo's rather than as a video? Or do I need to purchase something like Adobe photoshop to do it?

Thanks in advance.

2. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    I'm not 100% sure what process your using and its been many years since I bothered using iPhoto, plus iPhoto was discontinued 4 years ago I believe. However iPhoto like any other management product would take the files import them into a library and allow you to export from there. I do believe iPhoto has a slideshow feature which would export a movie, maybe that is what you are referring to.
    I would suggest file management and editing be thought of somewhat separately:
    1. I would manage the file transfer to computer using the EOS utility from canon or by copying straight from the card via a card reader.
    2 Managing edits i think it begs the question do you want to create working copies of files that you edit separately of the original file?

So, many programs will update the file so backing up the original will be very important if you want to revert and you will want to consider that in your workflow. I like Photoshop as its the most powerful, but you have other options like gimp for free, and discontinued items such as Aperture or iphoto. If you want to make your workflow easier and just mange the directory's of raw files from your camera and making backups of those that is where I would suggest Lightroom. It stores the edits separately of the file known as a "non destructive" editor, it's a good package of editing and file management and simply needs to point to where the files are located and when you move them in LR it makes the move on your computer as well.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    simon brough likes this.
  3. simon brough

simon brough New Member

Equipment:
    Canon EOS 200D
    Thank you for the response.