Canon EOS R

Discussion in 'Canon EOS Digital SLRs' started by olekhabiter7, Sep 3, 2020.

1. olekhabiter7

olekhabiter7 New Member

I would like to get peoples opinion about getting the Canon EOS R. I want to upgrade my camera to mirrorless and think the new RF Lens from canon look amazing plus would be a good investment for the future.

I normal take landscape and travel pictures with no videos so the crop size issues isn’t a factor for me.

I have also been looking at the Sony 7iii and don’t like the look and feel of it but understand at the moment they are ahead of canon in sensor design.

Just want to get peoples opinion who have used the EOS R and/or Sony 7ii

2. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    A little Canon stuff

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I have never used a Sony camera, nor have I used an EOS R. But I have been using a RP fast coming up to a year. I have been using it for landscapes and travel for this time. I am not sure what camera you are currently using or the lenses you own, but I had some EF mount lenses before I brought this R mount camera, and using these lenses has been seamless. Not problems at all with the EOS to R adapter that came with the camera. Using an evf, it is not better than an ovf. Each has it's own pro's and con's, but I am finding that the evf has more pro's, and I now would never go back and buy another dslr. The camera is small and light and really easy to use.

The R range of lenses is small at the moment, but it is being added to all the time, and of course you can use EF lenses with the adapter. There are some really interesting R lenses out there

Gary

3. Roy03

Roy03 New Member

Hi, I have an EOS R with the 24-105 F4 lens, and I am very pleased with it. This is my first Canon camera having previously having had a Sony A77, which i liked, but the LCD screen started delaminating. So I thought I would go to a full frame Sony camera, but my lenses would not fit, and also reading online, I read that Sony cameras do seem to have a problem with their screens. In fact my first post on this forum was to enquire about problems with Canon screens
    I Hope this helps with your query.

Roy