Canon Lens Question

Discussion in 'Beginner Questions' started by Oldseabee, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Oldseabee

Oldseabee New Member

Hi, I've been watching for a Canon digital for my daughter-in-law and give that the Rebel series and t1/2i's are fairly pricey I was wondering if the EF series lens would fit on the better Powershots? Thanks, Jim

2. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    Well I can help with few pieces of clarification. The powershot series does not have removable lenses, they are just point and shoot/bridge cameras. And the higher end powershots from the G series run upwards of a grand, so if you want to have a detachable lens you would be better off buying a 80D at that point.

For the T2i is about 9 years old they seem to run about 150 used and i dont see them getting much cheaper as DSLRs bottom out around $75 for even the early ones. You could step up the ladder body wise if your looking a few generation back and and used and stay around that $200 price point. I agree that the t7i is a bit pricey at $700 and could imagine recommending it to a photo major, I would tell them to spend more on a better body or save half the money and step back a generation or two.

3. Oldseabee

Oldseabee New Member

I just picked up a T1i for her off Evil-bay. Got it for $58. Just the body with battery and charger. Couldn't score a 40D. I think she will be pretty well set for lens to start with I think. She picked up three EF series with a Elan II. Should be a good learner camera. I'm into Pentax since that's what I stared with and had lens. Jim