Canon Snappy LX Point and Shoot- How to turn off flash?

Discussion in 'Beginner Questions' started by Celeste Newcomb, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Celeste Newcomb

Celeste Newcomb New Member

Equipment:
    Canon Snappy LX Point and Shoot
    Hi I was recently given a Canon Snappy LX Point and Shoot camera but I have no idea how to turn off the flash for situations where it is not needed. I feel like I have scoured the internet to find out how to turn the flash off but haven't found anything. Can you even turn the flash off with this type of camera? If not are there any strategies I could use to cover the flash?

Thanks!!

2. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    This is a fully auto camera, flash fires when the meter indicates it is needed. You can surely cover, maybe with electrical tape as it is thick and black and will pull off easy. But you will be underexposed some. Treat it as you would any other camera in the lomography realm, shoot in well lit situations when ever possible and everything else about modifying your shot is trial and error.

3. Craig Sherriff

Craig Sherriff Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    60D, 10D, 50D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses. Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    In a digital camera one way around this problem is to turn up the ISO, try using a 400 ISO film and see if this helps