Canon Video File assistance

Discussion in 'Beginner Questions' started by Jamess_, Feb 11, 2023.

1. Jamess_

Jamess_ New Member

Equipment:
    Canon eos 60d
    So I am a film student who has to shoot a short film and I am going to be shooting with my 60d. I was just wondering what format I should shoot in (RAW, JPEG) etc. I’ve done photography for about a year now but I am fairly new to anything to do with video and would appreciate any assistance or tips.

thank you :]

2. Craig Sherriff

Craig Sherriff Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    60D, 10D, 50D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses. Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    Welcome to the forum, Jamess, when you go to record the camera is set up with frames per minute and if you want to add stills , I suggest JPEGS. you dd not mension what software you were using to edit the film, I have used my 60D for filming and photoshop for editing, there are some excellent videos on youtube on how to do this. I suggest you have a look at PLEARN for this and just to snass up your videos check out how to ceate cartoons from videos for your opening and closing scenes.