CCAPI, who wants it?

Discussion in 'Canon News and Rumors' started by theleftover, Dec 16, 2020.

1. theleftover

theleftover New Member

Equipment:
    Unix
    Canon introduced a new API to their cameras. We did something with it. You can see it in this video:
    http://www.button.network/ccapi.html
    <Fast, wireless, hands-free viewing of your camera's contents from a nearby computer.>

But really, who needs it? Why? After all, you can use a phone app or pull out a memory card. You probably have a ton of USB cables hanging around, waiting to connect your camera to your computer. With all those options, is there a place for this sort of approach to getting media off your camera? More to the point, if we made a product out of the feature you see here, would there be a market in the photographic community?

Those aren't idle questions. Much investment remains to take the feature shown here to market. The original market for ButtonNet servers was remote resort hotels; it is a way to help groups of tourists "relive their day". Canon's CCAPI (and Covid) took us on this little detour.

Frank discussion, personal opinions, suggestions, all solicited.

2. theleftover

theleftover New Member

Equipment:
    Unix
    Well, that was terrible.

I am not sure it was my post or something else . . . but I will take that as a long silent vote of no interest.

Bye.

3. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    It likely depends on the photographer and their personal workflow. Personally my workflow is do a mass dump of the days shooting and sort & rank the images in Lightoom before I start processing them. It would take far longer to preview all images through the card and download them as I want to work with them