Charging a 750D

Discussion in 'Technical Troubleshooting' started by Paul F, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Paul F

Paul F Member

Equipment:
    Canon 80D
    Hi, new member here. Sorry if this question is asked every other week!

I have just purchased a second hand EOS 750D, but the camera came without the advertised battery charger. I have read conflicting info on line that the camera can be charged through the LAN/USB cable supplied. However, none of the posts that say you can do it are explicit on how you do it!
    I know it should be obvious to anyone, but if the camera is charging when connected, it certainly doesn't look as though anything is happening.
    Can anyone confirm or deny that it is possible to charge the battery this way? If so, can you spell out the method for doing so in easy steps, for the hard of thinking please?
    I will buy a charger shortly, but would like to have a play with the camera in the mean time.
    Thanks very much in advance.

Paul.

2. Paul F

Paul F Member

Equipment:
    Canon 80D
    I think I have answered my own question, as it would seem that the cable doesn't provide power to the camera, so a charger is now on order.

3. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    Correct