Connecting iphone 8 to Canon 5D Mk4

Discussion in 'Technical Troubleshooting' started by David Phillips, Jul 24, 2018.

1. David Phillips

David Phillips New Member

Equipment:
    EOS5D MK4
    Help!! I'm having trouble getting my iphone 8 connected to my 5D Mk4 to transfer images from the camera to the phone. I paired the two a while ago. My phone pics up and connects to the Camera wifi. When I open the Canon Connect App it says 'Camera not Connected'. The Easy Connection Guide ( Huh!! ) seems to take me round in circles and I never get past the app's home screen. ( I deleted and re-installed the app as a just in case but its still doing the same thing. ). On the camera in the menu ( Communication settings - Built-in Wireless settings - Send Images to Smartphone ) it says "Not connected to Smartphone - connect before choosing this option".
    Any help woudl be most appreciated. Thanks in advance,
    David

2. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    Hi David, While I don't have experience with this feature (still rocking the MK2) the first thing that i thought of was firmware. There was new firmware for your camera in April which may help resolve this issue. Based on a FStoppers post i found showing that feature it looks straightforward so I don't think your missing anything.

3. David Phillips

David Phillips New Member

Equipment:
    EOS5D MK4
    Hi Johnsey, thanks for the idea on this, I'll defintely look into that. Cheers, David