Decided to join a group

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by ComfortablyBlind, Apr 3, 2019.

1. ComfortablyBlind

ComfortablyBlind New Member

Equipment:
    Canon; FTb, AE-1 Program, AV-1,A-1, EF, T50, T70,, EOS ELAN ii, EOS Rebel, Rebel XT, Rebel XTi, Rebel G,
    5 X 50mm FD lenses, 70-210 1:4 FD lens, EOS 35-80mm 1:4-5.6 kit lens EF-S 18-200mm lens.
    Ever expanding
    Hello,
    Decided to find a forum for my FD Canon fetish.
    All growing up I always had some little point and shoot, but wanted an SLR. Now that I have a really good job (and so does my wife) and am an empty nester, figured I'd buy an SLR. So I bought a DSLR. Cool cool. Then I rediscovered 35mm film and found my first Canon. An AE-1 Program thrifted with a 50mm 1.8 lens for $12 American. I'm hooked now! I now own the AE-1 P, an AV-1, an FTb, An EOS Rebel, and an EOS ELAN ii. Pretty much all trifted.
    Barely pick up my DSLR anymore.
    Hope to get to shoot sh!t with all y'all. Have a great day.

2. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    A little Canon stuff
    Hello and welcome to the forum.

I have one FD mount camera. An AE-1 Program. At the moment it is sitting to one side waiting for new seals. It is not at the top of my to do list. But I am looking forward to changing the seals, and giving the camera a go. I also have a couple of EOS film cameras as well which I do use.

Gary

ComfortablyBlind likes this.
  3. ComfortablyBlind

ComfortablyBlind New Member

Equipment:
    Canon; FTb, AE-1 Program, AV-1,A-1, EF, T50, T70,, EOS ELAN ii, EOS Rebel, Rebel XT, Rebel XTi, Rebel G,
    5 X 50mm FD lenses, 70-210 1:4 FD lens, EOS 35-80mm 1:4-5.6 kit lens EF-S 18-200mm lens.
    Ever expanding
    Love shooting the AE-1 Program. Throw black and white in program mode and the 50mm lens and get some stunning photos. The only thing stopping me from really shooting the ELAN ii is lenses. My wife stole them all for her Canon DSLR.