Downloading photos

Discussion in 'Canon PowerShot Series' started by ColWA, Sep 3, 2017.

1. ColWA

ColWA New Member

Equipment:
    Canon Power Shot SX60HS
    Very pleased with my Powershot SZ60HS to date.
    Downloading with WiFi was great, no leads, no hassle.
    THEN........................ I updated Windows 10.
    Now I can't download by WiFi.
    Can't even dowload by inserting card in the PC. Nothing works.
    Any ideas please.
    Very frustrating.
    Any help will be very appreciated.
    Col

2. Phil

Phil Administrator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    Canon 7D - 50mm F1.8, 70-200mm F4, 17-70mm F2.8-4.5
    Did you try plugging the camera into a different USB port. I've noticed that sometimes happens on windows machines where a certain USB port doesn't accept a device, but another one does.

3. ColWA

ColWA New Member

Equipment:
    Canon Power Shot SX60HS
    G'day Phil,
    That is the whole point in using WiFi, there is no need to connect the camera to the PC to download photos.
    Col

4. BBzone28

BBzone28 Member

Equipment:
    Canon FX, A-1, AE-1, AL-1, T60, T90, F-1, new F-1, EOS Rebel II/G/2000/T2, EOS Elan IIe/7N, EOS 50D/20D/10D, Digital Rebel XS/XT/Original
    If you haven't fixed it yet, here's a vague sounding clue that might be worth checking, though not sure it may even be the problem, but some of the default settings when you upgrade the OS may need to be reset via Administrative permission that otherwise blocks the ability receive or transfer files from external devices like cameras. I can't remember what it was called or where the setting is located to be configured/switched, and in my case it didn't even sound like something that would affect file transfers. Just something I remember from years ago with a camera I had that wouldn't work and after changing the setting it worked like it should have in the first place. I think it was at the time Windows XP. Sorry that's vague, but all I can remember.

JimmyDranox likes this.