EOS A2E battery drain

Discussion in 'Canon Film SLRs' started by ComfortablyBlind, Jul 7, 2021.

1. ComfortablyBlind

ComfortablyBlind New Member

Equipment:
    Canon; FTb, AE-1 Program, AV-1,A-1, EF, T50, T70,, EOS ELAN ii, EOS Rebel, Rebel XT, Rebel XTi, Rebel G,
    5 X 50mm FD lenses, 70-210 1:4 FD lens, EOS 35-80mm 1:4-5.6 kit lens EF-S 18-200mm lens.
    Ever expanding
    Has anyone here had a Canon EOS A2E that kills batteries in like, a day? I just got one and it seems to work, just eats the 2CR5 batteries. At 15 bucks each, it's killing the fun.

2. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    A little Canon stuff
    Curiosity made me pick up a Canon EOS 630 for fun. It is powered by the same battery. What I have found is that it eats it's battery as well. Not as fast as in one day. But leave the battery in for a period of time, and it will flat. I remove the battery. It is a work around, but it is a pain in the butt. I have had a rummage around on the net with this problem with this camera. What I have found is that when you power off the camera, there is still a small power drain. The fix, is to disassemble the camera, and snip a wire around the top LCD.

I have not done this as yet.

Gary

ComfortablyBlind likes this.
  3. ComfortablyBlind

ComfortablyBlind New Member

Equipment:
    Canon; FTb, AE-1 Program, AV-1,A-1, EF, T50, T70,, EOS ELAN ii, EOS Rebel, Rebel XT, Rebel XTi, Rebel G,
    5 X 50mm FD lenses, 70-210 1:4 FD lens, EOS 35-80mm 1:4-5.6 kit lens EF-S 18-200mm lens.
    Ever expanding
    But that is a fix for the 630, right? Think it would work for the A2E?

4. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    A little Canon stuff