FD 70-210mm f/4 Macro lens Focus Ring STUCK

Discussion in 'Canon Lens Discussion' started by Gautam C, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Gautam C

Gautam C New Member

Equipment:
    Canon AE-1 Program
    50mm FD f/1.8
    70-210mm FD f/4 Macro
    So I was recently working on a project while I had my lens sitting on my desk, with both rear and front lens caps on. I accidentally knocked it off the table as I was moving my bag, and it hit the ground. I grabbed it quickly and then quickly checked the glass and found that it was not cracked, so I thought it was fine. That was on Friday. Now, on Tuesday, I take the lens out to shoot, and find that my focus ring won't move at all. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

2. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    I would imagine the impact jarred the barrel and bent metal inside the lens causing the focus ring to be stuck. You could try to dissect the lens and fix the issue if it is even possible. Lens repair from someone who can fix it will cost more than the cost of the lens. On the plus side these are FD lenses and should be easy to find a inexpensive replacement online.