First page lay-out

Discussion in 'CanonForums.com Support and Suggestions' started by JimmyDranox, Jul 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. JimmyDranox

JimmyDranox Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    Canon 60D, Canon EF-S 18-135 IS STM, Sigma 17-50/2.8 OS HSM, Tamron 70-200/2.8
    This is a photo forum, and i think that the most important part of it are photo posted here. But looking at the opening page, photos are posted last, at the bottom of the page.

In my opinion, photos must be first, on the top of the page, not the bottom..

2. Phil

Phil Administrator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    Canon 7D - 50mm F1.8, 70-200mm F4, 17-70mm F2.8-4.5
    When we were developing the site, we tried putting the photos up top and in my opinion it shifted the forums down too far.

3. JimmyDranox

Equipment:
    Maybe would be better to make a poll, to see what the users prefers. Maybe.

Another problem. I open the photo page, and in the first page there are the same photos as there was many days ago. I move to new photos, and surprise, the last photo is from 23 June. I had posted 4 pictures yesterday, and they are not there.

PS. Now I see that someone has done the good think to erase that disgusting pic with the date of 23 june, and the last photo in ''new photos'' is from 18 June.

4. Adam

Adam Administrator Staff Member Site Supporter

I checked this out and the reason was that the button in the navbar was linking to the album list rather than the photo list, so new uploads to older albums would not be shown. Now you'll by default see the latest photos in chronological order :)

As for the photos on top, I agree that a poll would be a good idea.

5. JimmyDranox

Equipment:
    Thank you Adam. Now it's much better.