got a set of cheap monopod feet...

Discussion in 'Bags, Tripods, and Accessories' started by pcake, Jun 5, 2017.

1. pcake

pcake Active Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    Canon SL1
    55-250 STM
    18-55 STM
    Yongnuo 50mm 1.8
    i was curious, so i ordered a set of cheap (well under $20) monopod feet on ebay. while they stand well, the ball action is nowhere as smooth as the benro, and the benro feet are only $34, so if you're considering monopod feet, it doesn't make sense to save a few bucks if you're looking for smooth action.

JimmyDranox likes this.

2. JimmyDranox

JimmyDranox Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    Canon 60D, Canon EF-S 18-135 IS STM, Sigma 17-50/2.8 OS HSM, Tamron 70-200/2.8
    It's always a problem with this pods, mono or tripods. I had also bought a cheap monopods. The feet is very stiff, and the head ...also:mad:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  3. pcake

Equipment:
    Canon SL1
    55-250 STM
    18-55 STM
    Yongnuo 50mm 1.8
    did you get these feet and the monopod that you can get with them?
    https://www.amazon.com/Koolehaoda-Monopod-Monopods-Ballhead-A1/dp/B00ME0RE9Y/ref=sr_1_2?
    they're a little stiff, but if you unscrew the red collar, they loosen up fairly well.

they're nowhere near as smooth as the benro version, though - they look almost the same, but the action on the benro is nice and smooth
    https://www.amazon.com/Benro-3-Foot-Articulating-Monopods-VT2/dp/B00O469EEY/ref=sr_1_12?

i'm done with cheap monopods and tripods because you're right, they're often stiff - the head and the pods. if they're not stiff, they have other problems. i'm getting a better tripod for my birthday (it's hidden in the closet), and my husband had me try lots out and tell him which one i wanted - i can't wait!

4. JimmyDranox

JimmyDranox Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    Canon 60D, Canon EF-S 18-135 IS STM, Sigma 17-50/2.8 OS HSM, Tamron 70-200/2.8
    I always wanna try this type of base for monopods, but always was something else to buy first. This summer there are pieces for my new telescope body on the first line. So, will have to wait, but is very good to know. Thanks for information

Nice gift. Make a picture of it, when the waiting is over.

5. pcake

Equipment:
    Canon SL1
    55-250 STM
    18-55 STM
    Yongnuo 50mm 1.8