Help with 5d mark iii & 100mm L

Discussion in 'Canon Lens Discussion' started by masonkhan, Oct 27, 2018.

1. masonkhan

masonkhan Member

My 6D and 5D mark iii both continue to take photos on their own non-stop after I put the lens on. Never had anything like it happen. Using a remote, that I have been for two years, and even without it they continue to take photos and videos on their own. I reset both cameras. Seems like it may be the lens as I just got it today and both cameras happen to be doing the same thing? Idk. It’s driving me crazyKodi TutuApp AppValley

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018

2. Craig Sherriff

Craig Sherriff Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    60D, 10D, 50D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses. Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    Mason, you did not say what settings your camera was on, I had a similar problem with my Canon 10D. I had the camera on continuous shooting and was using a remote control. I pushed the shutter button on the remote down and my camera started taking multiple shots and didn't stop when I took my finger off the remote. I turned the camera off and then turned it back on and it continued to take shots. I turned it off and removed the lens too. and when I put it back on and turned the camera on same problem. What I had done was have the camera on continuous shooting and when I put the finger on the shutter button on the remote , I inadvertently pushed forward locking the button on. A similar thing could be happening to you. Hope this helps, regards Craig S.