Hi There!

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Tizzle, Jun 3, 2022.

1. Tizzle

Tizzle New Member

Equipment:
    EOS90D - EF-S 18-55MM STM - EF-S 35MM STM Macro - EF-S 10-18MM STM - EF 70-300MM USM
    Hi everyone!
    My name's Chris, and I live in the UK in Nottingham.
    I currently work as an IT Trainer for the NHS, but am due to retire next year, so I will need a new hobby!.
    I've recently got back into photography during the COVID pandemic, and got myself an EOS90D with a few lenses.
    I originally got into photography years ago, mainly taking motorsport photos, and used to develop my own film - I still have a Canon AE1 35MM SLR which I still use now and again with B&W film. (Ilford FP4 if anyone can remember that!)
    I'm now taking more photos, but really need to get to use/understand all of the 90D features so here I am :)

2. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    A little Canon stuff
    Hello and welcome to the forum.

Gary

3. Craig Sherriff

Craig Sherriff Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    60D, 10D, 50D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses. Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    welcome to the forum, Chris, nice camera you have there, I use the one here at the community house where I teach my photography class.

4. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    Welcome to the forum Chris! Don't hesitate to ask questions or YouTube search what you what to know (there's 1000's of good videos about using DSLRs). Between the community and YouTube I think we can help with any feature you want to know.

That AE-1 is a classic camera glad to see you still use it. Sadly I don't shoot my film gear much anymore. I think the packs of Velvia and Portra in my fridge expired in 2010 :eek:. I surely remember PF4/PanF./Dela, although I shot mostly TMAX which I rolled myself back then. I started with a K1000 SE which was the other extremely popular photo class camera, both are built like a tank, simple and intuitive to learn the basics.