Howdy!

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Wooyi, Aug 7, 2022.

1. Wooyi

Wooyi New Member

Just joined ! Photo crazy but very amateur !! user of a 1100d ...recently purchased a 80D and struggling a bit with it...the settings I had got used to on my 1100..are not as straight forward on the 80! help!

2. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    A little Canon stuff
    Hello and welcome to the forum.

Gary

3. Craig Sherriff

Craig Sherriff Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    60D, 10D, 50D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses. Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    Welcome to the forum, Wooyi. what seems to be the issues with your 80D

4. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    Welcome to the forums Wooyi!

Your 1100 had one screen and which merged the camera settings menu and the shooting settings options onto that display. Now you back display focuses on menus and displaying reviewing images and most the shooting settings are on the top display. You also have now two dials that allow you to set aperture and shutter on the fly and by the press of specific buttons use the dials for quick updates to focus, ISO, etc...

If you are tuned into the camera and shooting on any mode that is not fully automatic you will find this to be so much more intuitive and 20 times quicker than any manual shooting on that Rebel. I would say that it is worth a read through of the manual or watching some videos so you can familiarize yourself with all the new functionality, getting reps in on the camera is by far the best way to get that understanding and muscle memory.