Image Browser Ex

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Mary Faith, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Mary Faith

Mary Faith New Member

Equipment:
    Canon PowerShot S95, Canon PS SX540 HS
    My 'old' hard drive with Zoom Browser Ex died - and the technician transferred all my photos to 'Image Browser Ex'.
    When I want to upload photos to Flickr and edit - the photos loaded onto Image Browser do not appear under 'My pictures' and I can't do anything with them in that file.
    What do I do ???
    Help most appreciated.
    Many thanks in advance ....

2. Craig Sherriff

Craig Sherriff Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    60D, 10D, 50D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses. Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    Welcome to the forum, Mary, can you click on the files and go in to properties, this will tell us what sort of file they now are.
    With this information we can then see what has happened and what file type they need to be changed too.
    With that information, may I suggest you ask the Site Moderator, Johnsey as he is experience in that area.

3. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    Hi, I would need a bit more info. If you lost a drive and they recovered the drive data it is located in a new folder.
    Image Browser EX is a software application that looks at a folder on your hard drive and creates a way to view your images, it likely needs to be re-pointed in your preferences to the new location of the images. I haven't used it in over a decade o I do not member the menu specific to make such a change.

4. Mary Faith

Mary Faith New Member

Equipment:

Thank you Craig
    - Image Browser Ex is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Canon\ImageBrowser EX

5. Mary Faith

Mary Faith New Member

Equipment:

Thank you Johnsey

Yes - I did lose a drive and they recovered the drive data and it is in a new folder. Where??
    I am 'technology challenged' - can see I will have to get the technician back :(
    I have twice downloaded all the memory cards photos presently in my cameras but can't find them either. Perplexing situation!
    I'll keep trying today :)
    Mary