Landscapes In social isolation.

Discussion in 'Post Your Photos' started by rayallen, Apr 12, 2020.

1. rayallen

rayallen Well-Known Member Site Supporter

This is a very different kind of Easter. The authorities here are requiring us to stay at home but I need my daily dose of phototherapy. I live in a retirement village and we are fortunate enough to have a large lake and I take advantage of that as there is usually something of interest to photograph.

The Lake under sunny skies. Canon 1Ds and Canon EF 28-135 f/3.5-5.6 IS USM.
    C0EW2772.jpg

Our resident black swans on the lake. Canon 1Ds, Canon EF 75-300mm f4-5.6. I should have had my 20D with me with its 1.6 crop factor.
    C0EW2781.jpg

2. Caladina

Caladina Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    Canon M50
    Canon 18-45mm m, Canon 18-150mm m, Canon 55-200mm m, Canon 22mm m, Canon 28mm m macro,
    Sigma 100-400c ef, Sigma 18-35mm art ef,
    7artisans 7.5mm m, Laowa 100mm macro ef, laowa 9mm zeroD m, Vintage M42 Lenses:
    Ashi Super - Takumar 1.8 / 55mm,
    Looks like a nice place to be laid up for the cv

rayallen likes this.
  3. rayallen

Thanks. Yes, it is. I could think of many worse places to be.

Tonytee likes this.
  4. Tonytee

Tonytee Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    Canon EOS Rebel T5 with Canon EF-S 18~55mm kit lens and Canon EF-S 55-250 mm 1:4~5.6 IS II
    Telephoto Lens.
    Wonderful series Ray. It is getting very bad here also. By bad I mean in my family. A week ago my wife had an unfortunate accident in the

house, fell and broke her hip. She spent a week in the hospital and now must spend two weeks in a Rehab., center to get her walking again. Yesterday, the 10th was her 70th birthday and tomorrow being Easter it will also be spent in the Rehab., center.

Worst of it is, she absolutely cannot have any visitors. I cannot go and visit my own wife. She is all alone in the place. :) Happy Birthday Darling and Happy Easter, Eh? cheers.

Tony

5. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    A little Canon stuff

And not a cloud in the sky. Looks a lot nicer than our grey skies and forecast for rain over the next few days. It's good that you are getting out and about Ray. We don't have a lake in our backyard or any swans. So we go for walks around our area, and there is nothing really to photograph. So I am going cold turkey for a while phototherapy wise.

Gary

rayallen likes this.
  6. rayallen

Hi Tony, That is not how you wanted to spend Easter, I am sure. I hope that she recovers quickly in rehab so that she can come home to you. You will need to look after her when she gets home after an accident like that.

My thoughts are with you.

Tonytee likes this.
  7. rayallen

Hi Gary, after a few days of rain today is just fabulous. You are correct, not a cloud in the sky.
    I am sorry that you don't have a lake. I do realise how lucky I am. The challenge for you on your walks is to find something to photograph. I know that is easy for me to say because it is always easier to find things when you are in a new environment.

8. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    A little Canon stuff

Tony,

That is not what we all want to hear. Sorry about your news. I hope that she has a speedy and full recovery. You look after yourself as well.

Gary

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
  9. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    A little Canon stuff

Ok, a challenge. I'll accept the challenge. Your not making this one very easy.

Gary

10. Craig Sherriff

Craig Sherriff Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    60D, 10D, 50D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses. Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    I am very sorry to hear what has happened, Tony.
    I hated being in hospital and rehab when I broke my leg, it was so boring in fact I looked forward to the rehab exercises, even though, I was in pain at the beginning but like me she is in the best place at the moment.
    These may seem like harsh times but will eventually pass and your wife will be able to celebrate her birthday in more happier environment.
    Chin up Tony, she soon will be home.

Tonytee likes this.
  11. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    A little Canon stuff

This is as good as it is going to get Ray.

IMG_0564.jpg

Gary

rayallen likes this.
  12. rayallen

That's an interesting shot, Gary. I like the mono treatment and I also like the transition from sharp to out of focus. It forces you to look at the in focus part of the image.

13. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    A little Canon stuff

It's pretty lean pickings out there Ray. House after house. But I tried down at the foot bridge, and this is what I got.

Thanks for the comments.

Gary

14. Craig Sherriff

Equipment:
    60D, 10D, 50D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses. Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    Gary, I have taken a little inspiration from your photo and I have driven past this hill with a lonely Gumtree with the smaller trees around and thought about taking a shot for some time now so here it is. Lonely GumTree.jpg

15. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    A little Canon stuff

It always has to be a good thing when you get inspired to do things because of others.

Gary

16. Craig Sherriff

Equipment:
    I would liked to have taken it on a tripod but at the time it was pouring with rain when I pulled up in my car, luck was with me a bit, I stopped raining long enough to get out assemble my camera gear and take a shot before it started raining again.
    The camera used was a 60D, lens was a Tamron SP 500mm mirror lens, handheld.

17. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    A little Canon stuff

You done well with 500mm and going handheld. Do you have a tripod head that takes removable feet? If so, grab a couple more spare feet and keep one on your longer lenses all the time.

Gary

18. Craig Sherriff

Equipment:
    Please don't take this as being boastful but I have 7 tripods, I have that many so my students can use them and one lives permanently in the boot of my car.
    I didn't use it because it would have taken too long to get it out before it started raining again. I can always go back there and take it again on a nice day.