iPad Air2 for minor photo edits - compatibility isssue

Discussion in 'Canon EOS Digital SLRs' started by KrokODell, Oct 25, 2017.

1. KrokODell

KrokODell New Member

Hi

I've been using my iPad Air 2 for minor photo edits. In fact this is the sole reason I purchased this iPad.

I 'import' the photos from my Canon 650D via the Apple camera adapter. Worked a charm with iOS9. But ever since upgrading to iOS 11 I am unable to import the photos. I get an error saying this "This accesory is not supported by this iPad".

Is this an issue with the iPad, or the camera adapter or the camera? Do I need to update the camera software?

Any help will be much appreciated!

Cheers
    JacO

2. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    So to be honest I have not went the route of using my ipad like this so i won't have direct knowledge.
    One thing to take note is IOS 11 has some major changes like dropping 32bit app support just as an example. There could easily be an issue on the ios 11 side, or the camera firmware side where they aren't talking together.
    I would make sure to update the camera firmware, and would also try using a freshly formatted card and see if that helps.
    Also read that some people had to import into photos instead of lightroom directly now; however you didn't mention your workflow in detail so I don't know if that applies to your situation.

Just my opinion, but if you do use Lightroom, going Camera->iPad and then to lightroom would be a bit inefficient. It would work smoother to import straight into Lightroom the computer and sync with creative cloud and make edits via the iPad that way. Once again not sure about the whole workflow you have however.