Lobby for more AA battery powered digital cameras

Discussion in 'Canon PowerShot Series' started by Canon78, May 5, 2017.

1. Canon78

Canon78 New Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    Canon SX 150 IS
    Canon A 1300
    Hi there!

I am a Canon Power Shot camera user, since 2008, and no matter what model I had, it was with AA batteries. Since I discovered the rotating dial control on my SX 13O IS, I like it so much, I wouldn't cancel ever this option ever on my future gear. Now, I have a nice SX 150 IS. It's hard for me to change Canon brand because I like the way it is produce the blue colour, the most important when it comes about to capture the sky in my landscape photography. I think my eyes get used with it, on Canon.
    I always wished to have more zoom, but Canon didn't made any bridge camera in the last years with AA batteries. I was waiting so long, but no results. I hope somebody will hear me out, and soon we'll gonna see on the market a camera like that, but also with rotating dial controller, because it is very helpful when we need to do fast setting, and it's not necessary to make so much pushes. I hope Canon engineers will think again to make such a project, because I am sure many Canon users wish the same I do, but to an affordable price, not DSLR price. And remember, I don't want to change the name of the brand. ''Canon, you can'' !

2. pcake

pcake Active Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    Canon SL1
    55-250 STM
    18-55 STM
    Yongnuo 50mm 1.8
    have you contacted canon directly? if enough people want AA batteries, they may make another camera that uses them, but if they don't hear from people who want them (and i, too, find AA batteries very handy), they won't know anyone wants them.

3. Canon78

Canon78 New Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    Canon SX 150 IS
    Canon A 1300
    Hi,
    Thank you for your interest and answer. I will contact Canon, it is a good idea, and I have found them on Facebook. I hope they will follow this forum and take into account consumers voice.