M1 Mac mini and Canon Webcam Utility

Discussion in 'Technical Troubleshooting' started by SDolan1, Jan 15, 2021.

1. SDolan1

SDolan1 New Member

Equipment:
    Canon 6D
    I've been looking for suggestions on how to get my Canon 6D and my M1 Mac mini to recognise each other and so far I've not found anyone who has had a similar problem to me. I was hoping to ask people here if they had similar issues and if they could help?

On the Mac mini, the camera does not show up in any place, not teams or zoom. Both don't let me even click the tab to chose video input. So I tried the camera on a MPB running Catalina and it worked, but it was inverted. I cannot seem to fix either issue and wondered if anyone had any experience and could suggest anything?

2. Gregory Lee

Gregory Lee Member

Equipment:
    Canon 80D
    Canon M50
    Canon M100
    A bunch of lenses and other stuff
    Are you sure that the camera was inverted on the other end of a video call? I know that when I use zoom for example my video feed on my screen is mirrored but is the correct way round at the other end of the call.

Next question is Have you installed the latest version of Firmware on to your camera? And are you using the latest version of EOS utility on your M1?

Other forums seems to be saying that Canon's EOS utility may not yet be compatible with the M1 Mini, so no matter what you try it may not work until Canon pull their finger out and roll out an update.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/MacOS/comments/k174wo/m1_macbook_pro_big_sur_canon_webcam_utility_issues/

However I'm not personally a MAC user so don't know too much about it.

Good luck,

G.