Manual Focus Image Colour

Discussion in 'Technical Troubleshooting' started by Garry Chapple, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Garry Chapple

Garry Chapple New Member

Equipment:
    EOS 80D, Canon 18-135mm, Sigma 24-105mm Art.
    Hi all. I'm Garry, novice photographer, first real camera setup so lots to learn.
    I have an newly purchasedEOS 80D with a sigma 24-105 Art lens. When shooting in Auto (RAW) the image colours are nice, but when duplicating auto settings in manual (F stop, ISO and shutter speed), the image is good but colour is pretty washed out. Blue sky becomes almost grey and general colours and contrast look flat.

Once opened in Photoshop (opens in RAWS first) the image colour quality looks very similar, so it seems almost as if the camera does some image colour processing in Auto. Could this be a White balance issue? When in ManauI I assume AWB is on by default, it appears to be? FYI Images are screen dump JPEG'S just for colour comparison,
    Thanks, Garry. Auto24mm-f9-320-ISO100.jpg Manual24mm-f9-320-ISO100.jpg

2. Garry Chapple

Garry Chapple New Member

Equipment:
    Think I may have worked this out! Looks like it was the picture profile setting? In manual mode the picture profile was set to neutral which makes the image look bland until you open it for processing in Lightroom or Photoshop. Changed the picture profile to landscape and both raw images now look pretty much the same in Camera.

3. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    A little Canon stuff
    I did look at these images earlier today, but I had to be somewhere else doing something else. But I was going to ask you if your camera is new, or new to you?

Gary

4. Garry Chapple

Garry Chapple New Member

Equipment:
    Hi Garry yes to both :) As I mentioned these are screen dumps just to higlight the difference, not jpegs exported from Lightroom.

5. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    A little Canon stuff
    I was going to suggest that if the camera was a used camera but new to you, do a factory reset.

Gary