March Monthly Challenge - "Your Country"

Discussion in 'Official Photo Contests and Events' started by johnsey, Mar 3, 2022.

1. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    This months photo topic is "Your country" -- Things that are only found in your country and no where else

Happy shooting!
    Again, the rules are simple:
    • Should be be using some canon gear , this is a canon forum after all.
    • Shot with the assignment in mind, go out and shoot something new don't dig up something from the archives.
    • and most importantly have fun.

2. johnsey

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    Sorry again for the late post, busy week at work :(

Thanks to Caladina for her suggestion I pulled from the suggestions thread.

3. José Mª.

José Mª. Active Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    CanonEOS 350D, Canon EOS 2000D; lens 15-85 and Zeiss macro planar 90mm
    In 1919, the work of the architect Joseph Puig i Cadafalch, 4 columns were erected in Montjuich Park (Barcelona), representing the four red bars, a symbol of Catalanism.

They were demolished in 1928, by the Dictatorship of General D. Miguel Primo de Rivera, since the International Exhibition of 1929, which was held in Montjuich, was approaching.

In 2010, the Parliament of Catalonia agreed to rebuild them.

This symbol is based on a free recreation of a legend in which the Carolingian King Luis, took the hand of Count Wifredo, stained with blood from his wounds after the battle and passed it through the golden shield drawing the four red bars, and With this, the Catalan standard was created.

For the realization of the theme, I took several photographs and chose two, the two that I choose were to highlight the monument of the four bars.

The first time I rotated the Zoom ring, the moment I pressed the shutter button.

And the other one, I shot it against the light, first as it came out of the camera, and the second as it was finally, after I erased the two Towers of the Victoria Eugenia palace, as well as darken the entire photograph, with the Paint Shop Pro program.

IMG_4167f.jpg IMG_4192f.jpg IMG_4192f.jpg

Attached Files:

4. Craig Sherriff

Craig Sherriff Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    60D, 10D, 50D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses. Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    An interesting piece of history and some nice images aswell, I have a preference for the last image with the sunflare and the angle you have taken the image from gives a grand appearance, nicely done, José.

5. José Mª.

Equipment:
    Craig, thank you for your kind words. The same architect who designed the four bars urbanized the entire area, including the palaces of Alfonso XIII and María Eugenia.

6. Craig Sherriff

Equipment:
    60D, 10D, 50D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses. Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    I have left it to the last minute this month but opportunity presented itself while out with my photography class , firstly these two Plovers

Spur wing plover also known as a Marsked Lapwing.jpg [/ATTACH]
    The masked lapwing (Vanellus miles) is a large, common and conspicuous bird native to Australia, particularly the northern and eastern parts of the continent, New Zealand and New Guinea. It spends most of its time on the ground searching for food such as insects and worms, and has several distinctive calls. It is common in Australian fields and open land, and is known for its defensive swooping behaviour during the nesting season.

Despite the species being also known as the masked plover and often called the spur-winged plover or just plover in its native range, lapwings are classified to their own subfamily, Vanellinae, and not to the closely related plover subfamily, Charadriinae. There are two subspecies; the nominate subspecies and the southern novaehollandiae, which has distinctive black markings on the shoulder and side of the chest, and is sometimes recognized as a separate species, the black-shouldered lapwing (Vanellus novaehollandiae).

Last edited: Mar 29, 2022
  7. Craig Sherriff

Equipment:
    This is a second image taken with my photo class today, these quaint little birds are commonly known as Bush Chooks or Turbo Chooks.
    Tasmanian Native Hen.jpg
    The Tasmanian nativehen (Tribonyx mortierii) (alternate spellings: Tasmanian native-hen or Tasmanian native hen is a flightless rail and one of twelve species of birds endemic to the Australian island of Tasmania. Although many flightless birds have a history of extinction at the hands of humans,[2] the species has actually benefited from the introduction of European-style agricultural practices in Tasmania.[3] Its success may also be attributed to the recent extinction of its main predator, the thylacine.

Another reason for there survival of the arrival of European man could be is that the flesh is suppose to be very tough to eat. An old saying that has made it's way down in legend about how undesirable the flesh is was "to cook a native hen, you put it in a pot of boiling water with a hard rock.
    When the rock is soft enough to put a fork in it, throw the native hen out and eat he rock".

Last edited: Mar 29, 2022
  8. José Mª.

Equipment:
    Craig, I congratulate you on the great photographs in the Natural History of the Australian island of Tasmania. It is always interesting to know the animals around you. I do not distinguish many animals, although I photograph them, I always have doubts to identify them. It may be because I am an urbanite and I haven't been to the countryside for many years.

9. Craig Sherriff

Equipment:
    Tha
    Thank you Jose`, we live in a country environment due to our small population on the Island compared to a city

10. kevin davies

kevin davies Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    eos 80D
    1-IMG_3274.JPG

11. kevin davies

Equipment:
    eos 80D
    Unique species to the BreconBeacons

12. Craig Sherriff

Equipment:
  13. kevin davies

Equipment:
    eos 80D
  14. José Mª.

Equipment:
  15. kevin davies

Equipment:
    eos 80D
  16. ranaday789

ranaday789 New Member

What's pretty cool is that this feature was a direct request from cupcake1713. :)

17. José Mª.

Equipment:
    Ranaday 789, thanks for commenting, but I don't know the meaning of cupcake 1713

18. johnsey

Equipment:
    That post looks like spam, I am waiting to see what else they post.