Missing Limit Full switch

Discussion in 'Technical Troubleshooting' started by jesbroken, May 13, 2022.

1. jesbroken

jesbroken New Member

Equipment:
    Canon Rebel T6
    I bought a 100mm f2.8 macro lens for my Canon Rebel T6 and after spending the better part of a year trying to learn how to work it, I find that it has been missing a Limit Full Switch. Being a novice I was not smart enough to realize this until too late to return it. I have went back to my old canon powershot SX530 HS. Is there any way this switch can be obtained and installed? Thank you for your help.
    Jim

Attached Files:

2. Craig Sherriff

Craig Sherriff Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    60D, 10D, 50D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses. Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    Welcome to the Forum, jesbroken.
    Just a thought but do you really need the switch to operate the lens, even if you use the lens in it's manual mode I do not have this lens, most of my lenses are old and do not have or needed one.

3. jesbroken

jesbroken New Member

Equipment:
    Canon Rebel T6
    Would it not matter which position the switch was in when it departed the lens? As you have probably surmized, I'm not a camera geek and understand very little about DSLR's. I only bought the camera in order to be able to tether to my desktop and see what I was going to get before taking the photo and, of course, with coin photography a macro lens was a must and then the rest of the story occurred. Thank you.
    Jim

4. Craig Sherriff

Craig Sherriff Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    60D, 10D, 50D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses. Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    You can improve the performance of the lens by purchasing some macro filters which screw into the end of the lens and range from 2 to 10 times magnification, this will allow you to move the lens closer to the subject without loosing a clean focus. Macro filters can be cheaply purchased from ebay or local camera shop.
    Any questions there is always someone on the Forum who will be willing to give advice or there are some very good videos on youtube.

5. Ray-UK

Ray-UK Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    Canon 7D Mk II, Canon 10-22, Canon 24-105 L Mk 1, Canon 24mm 2.8, Canon 55-250 STM, Canon 100mm usm macro, 3x Metz 58 AF1 & too many film cameras, mainly Pentax
    It would matter, but it looks like you have only lost the plastic slider that actuates the switch. If you use a small pointed object (cocktail stick ) into the hole of the metal part I think you will be able to slide it and that will operate the switch. Do not push anything in too far into the lens, only enough to move the sliding part. Once you have it in the full position then you will get the complete focus range from macro to infinity, after that put a piece of adhesive tape over the opening to prevent dust getting in.