Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Roy03, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Roy03

Roy03 New Member

Hi, I've just joined this forum although I'm not a Canon owner yet. I'm thinking about the EOS R to replace my Sony A77 whose screen is delaminating, common Sony fault. Is there a problem with Canon screens?
    I hope that this is the right place to ask this question
    Roy

2. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    A little Canon stuff

Hello and welcome to the forum.

In regards to your screen question, I am not aware of any problems with screens.

Gary

3. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    Welcome to the forum Roy!

4. Craig Sherriff

Craig Sherriff Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    60D, 10D, 50D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses. Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    Welcome to the forum, Roy.
    I own a 60D and it's previous owner was a pro wedding photographer, so the camera received extensive use.
    It has one minor blemish and that is in the screen's upper right hand top corner where the screen has overheated from excessive videoing, it does not impact the camera's usage or the screen function. In all the Canon range is quite good and worth the effort to use,plus you have access to the forum which has a wealth of knowledge and a friendly community of users.

5. Roy03

Roy03 New Member

Thank you all for your welcome. Pleased to hear that the screen problem seems to be a Sony thing
    Roy

6. Roy03

Roy03 New Member

Took delivery of an EOS R + 24-105mm F4L lens on Tuesday, and even just playing in the local country park, I am very impressed with the picture quality, just trying to understand all the menus/sub menus in the instruction book. I've found YouTube very helpful as well
    Take care
    Roy

7. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    A little Canon stuff

Excellent. It's always good to have new gear. I'm sure that you will find your way around the camera. Let us know how you find it and I'm looking forward to seeing some images.

Gary