Nice,Bright and Colorful Arrangement.

Discussion in 'Post Your Photos' started by Tonytee, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Tonytee

Tonytee Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    Canon EOS Rebel T5 with Canon EF-S 18~55mm kit lens and Canon EF-S 55-250 mm 1:4~5.6 IS II
    Telephoto Lens.
    Lens: Canon EF-S 55~250mm Lens Camera: Canon EOS Rebel t5. Photo Location: Neighbor's Yard ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/80s Aperture: F11

Focal Length 250mm, Manual Exposure Mode, No flash and used CWA Metering.

Thanks so much for viewing.

TT

IMG_4388 (2).JPG

rayallen likes this.

2. rayallen

rayallen Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Beautiful tones the the yellow rose petals. Good lighting.

3. Tonytee

Equipment:
    Canon EOS Rebel T5 with Canon EF-S 18~55mm kit lens and Canon EF-S 55-250 mm 1:4~5.6 IS II
    Telephoto Lens.
    Many thanks, Ray. Tony

4. Craig Sherriff

Craig Sherriff Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    60D, 10D, 50D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses. Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    Nice use of light Tony/

5. Tonytee

Equipment:
    Telephoto Lens.
    Many thanks, Craig. Unfortunately I lost some exposure upon transference. I did everything I was instructed to do in order to prevent it, but alas, no success. I may go ahead and overexpose a little to see what results I get.
    Thanks Mate,

Tony

6. Craig Sherriff

Equipment:
    60D, 10D, 50D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses. Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    Shit happens, mate the more we redo a shot like this and the processes involved , the more we learn and advance as a photographer. This is what makes photography so interesting. If it was easy, it would be boring.

7. Tonytee

Equipment:
    Telephoto Lens.
    Thanks a million for your uplifting and encouraging words. Greatly appreciated.

TT

8. rayallen

I'm not sure what needed changing. I like it the way it is now as the colours are saturated and it looks good to me.

9. Tonytee

Equipment:
    Telephoto Lens.
    Hello Ray,
    Well this version is different than the original as it does not have the "POP." To me it looks flat and faded as to the original.

Thnx, Tony

10. Craig Sherriff

Equipment:
    I hope you don't mind but I put the photo you up loaded in to Photoshop and tweaked the setting a bit and all I could do was brighten the back ground and the steam a bit by bring up the vibrance, as Ray said I am not sure it needs changing the less there is to take the eye away from the main subject the better, anyhow this is what I come up with IMG_4388 (3).jpg

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  11. Tonytee

Equipment:
    Telephoto Lens.
    Hello Craig, Thanks so much for taking the time and making the effort to enhance the image. It looks truly wonderful, just as the original does. My issue is that when transferring an image from Photo Editor 10 which came with Windows 10, the resulting image is pale and faded. This happens also with Pentaxforums.com only there it is much worse. I made an interesting discovery yesterday while taking photographs of my wife's floral garden with my Olympus E-PL1 body and the Olympus 40~150mm R Lens and that is, the images are really beautiful and I did not lose any exposure, color, bokeh and sharpness upon transference to Pentaxforums.com. It appears as though my choice is clear in that to use exclusively my Olympus gear. True story, I did not need to do anything with the images taken with my Olympus gear in PPE.
    Thanks again,
    Tony

12. Craig Sherriff

Equipment:
    Tony, I think this is a question that might be directed towards Johnsey as this is a area he would possibly know about.

13. rayallen

It could be related to the colour space you are using, Tony. If you are using Adobe RGB that can cause a problem when uploading to the web as all web images are displayed using sRGB. Your Olympus is probably set to shoot in sRGB. Your other cameras may not be. The colour space choice will be in your camera settings.

14. Tonytee

Equipment:
    Telephoto Lens.
    Hello Ray and thanks for your reply. The settings on all of my digital gear is right at sRGB. I double checked to make sure. This actually began several years ago and quite suddenly. Since then I (and many others) have been plagued by this problem. Thanks again,

Tony

rayallen likes this.
  15. rayallen

Good to see that you are using the correct colour space. Then maybe it might be your editor. I have never used it but I would not be relying on Photo Editor 10. Maybe it's time to invest in an editor made for photographers. You can get an Adobe Photographer plan for about $15/month with Photoshop and Lightroom. Or you could get Photoshop Elements which is a cut down version of Photoshop. I also use ACDSee which is very very good. The current Standard version is in special for $54 https://www.acdsee.com/en/products/photo-studio-standard . It's something to think about. You can always get a free trial to try for 30 days.

16. rayallen

17. Tonytee

Equipment:
    Telephoto Lens.
    Thanks Ray, unfortunately the software will not allow me in. I had to enter several of my email accounts with passwords and it is telling me they are not valid. I have to go through this crap just every time I set up a new app. I'll try later and let you know how it goes. I downloaded the first ACDSee app and the same thing happened. It appears as though the original is now on sale for $24.95. However, it is titled Photo Editor 10. I have Photo Editor 10 which came with my Windows 10. Could it be the same? Tony

18. rayallen

Tony, there is no Photo Editor 10 in my Windows 10 Pro version. When I do a Google search there are lots of programs out there with that title but none of them are made by Microsoft that I could see. ACDSee Photo Editor 10 could be the one you have. Click on Help and that should tell you who made it.

19. Tonytee

Equipment:
    Telephoto Lens.
    I do not have the Windows 10 Pro Version. So it would seem rather odd if ACDSee decided to copy infringe on Photo Editor 10. This is interesting, at least I hope you will find it so: I also have PT Photo Editor a free version that came with Windows 10 and I find it to be very useful at times. With Photo Editor 10, I often times experience uploading issues. It tells me there are no images to upload when I just came back from shooting over 100 images. Troublesome to say the least. Oh, sorry I forgot to mention that PT Photo Editor has no connection to Photo Editor 10. I will try again to see what happens with ACDSee. Thanks again, Tony

20. rayallen

I have Windows 10 Home Edition on two laptops and neither has Photo Editor 10 as part of Windows 10. I am confused as to which editors you are using. I also use FastStone Image Viewer http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm which is also free and quite easy to use. But with any free product don't expect it to have the facilities of products that you pay for. You do get what you pay for.
    None of the versions of Windows 10 that I have includes PT Photo Editor.