PIXMA TR4550 in "copy" mode and I can't reset it to print

Discussion in 'Post Processing, Printing, and Scanning' started by Colin Brett, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Colin Brett

Colin Brett New Member

Equipment:
    PIXMA TR4550
    Hi,

Just to be clear: I'm running a Linux operating system on my laptop and I'm fully aware that Canon don't offer after sales service for Linux. However, I have installed the relevant drivers for the TR4500 series and done all the Linux configuration. That seems OK.

It's a new PIXMA TR4550. On power-up, the printer is in Copy mode. I can move between Copy, Scan and Fax modes but can't find a way to enter Print mode. I have tried resetting the data and a full factory reset. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Linux drivers. Still no joy.

Is there a way of permanently resetting the TR4550 to "out of the box" settings?

It should also be noted that the print function works fine from a ChromeBook.

I have logged a support call with Canon but I hope someone has experienced and fixed this problem before.

Regards,
    Colin Brett

2. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    Here is hoping there may be a few Linux users lurking here, I'll assume your pretty tech savy since you use Linux and have done all the trouble shooting that can be done outside of some weird compatibility with the driver and which ever Linux OS you are using. Sorry I can't help much, I am not a Linux guy.

3. Janos

Janos New Member

Equipment:
    tr4550
    I have a similar problem using macBook. Eventually if you turn the printer off it may come up in print mode. I found nothing in manuals...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2021