Printer question

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by rebs, May 12, 2019.

1. rebs

rebs New Member

Equipment:
    canon EOS, pro100 printer
    I print on a matte photo paper by finestra using the pro100. I use the matte setting. I find Pale pinks, pale greens, pale blues and orange to a light orange all print like there is too much black. They do not look nice they look dull. All other colors print nicely and vibrantly. I tend to print images with these colors. I have an Epson to use but these clog up and I'm getting tired of it. I use the Epson almost daily.
    I really want to use the Canon more. Any suggestions for pastel colors? The images are more illustrations and graphics, not photographs. Thanks

2. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    Well, I assume your using the proper paper profile as well? http://finestraart.com/canon-pro-100/ Also are you using a calibrated screen, my guess is that you are? I have not had to worry about that as much on my macs, but I have experienced historically windows machines will naturally show an image brighter and more saturated than it actually is, thus resulting in dull or muddy prints. For good measure I calibrate the monitors of any machine I print with. I'm hoping its a paper profile issue where your paper is just more porous than the average matte and needs more ink.

3. rebs

rebs New Member

Equipment:
    canon EOS, pro100 printer
    Good morning,
    Thank you for your response. It could be the ICC there isn't one for the matte paper I purchase All it says is-Premium Matte - Use Enhanced Matte or Hot Press Bright White profile these options are not on the canon... I was told to use the matte finish setting. I was just going to color swatches with every matte setting. I use a mac and I have smilemunki for calibration. I may be just overly picky too!