Problem with Powershot SX430 IS

Discussion in 'Technical Troubleshooting' started by Nikith Kumar Shetty, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Nikith Kumar Shetty

Nikith Kumar Shetty New Member

Equipment:
    Canon Powershot SX430 IS
    My point and shoot camera is about the 40-45 days old. I was clicking pics of birds with maximum zoom. Then I turned it off. After about a minute I turn it On and:
    1)Zoom buttons are not working. Lens is not moving.
    2)It is showing camera unstable icon, even if the camera is kept on a table.
    3)It is directly clicking photos, instead of focusing when I press the button(It should click pics on long press and refocus on short press)
    4)No buttons other than On/Off and view photos buttons are doing their job.
    5)I connected the provided A/V out cable to my laptop. No response in both laptop and camera.
    It's hard to upload image here. Check comments for link.
    Someone who knows what I should do please help me.

2. Nikith Kumar Shetty

Equipment:
    Canon Powershot SX430 IS
    https://ibb.co/sqz1bRR
    In the above image the button that the finger is pointing to is working. But no other button is.

3. porkphoto

porkphoto Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    Cameras 1DmkIII, 1DSmkII, 50d, 7d, 6d, 70d, 5Ds ,90D , R7, R5
    Lens 17-40 f4L, 24-70 f4L IS, 100 f2.8L IS macro, 200 f2.8L, 300 f4L IS, 300 f2.8L, 100-400 f4.5-5.6L IS, 500mm f4L IS
    First of all, welcome to the forum. Now then, since your camera is new, I would take it to the retailer where you bought it and let them see it. My best advice is to not do something that would negate the warranty. Good luck and do keep us informed.

4. Nikith Kumar Shetty

Equipment:
    Canon Powershot SX430 IS
    I bought it from amazon. So can't do anything from retailer side. And the nearest service center is about 80km from where I am now