Replace my old Camera

Discussion in 'Canon EOS Digital SLRs' started by James Axelson, Jan 27, 2021.

1. James Axelson

James Axelson New Member

Equipment:
    T3I
    I am looking to replace my old rebel T3I. I have had it for a few years i have lots of accessory's for it. I am looking for feed back on what to purchase next.

Thank you

2. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    It would probably help to know what accessories you are referring to regarding compatibility. For example filters will screw on to any lens with the same mm size, any EFS lens will fit on any crop body, EF lens on all DSLRs. Lens hoods are a bit specific to the lens itself. A grip may fit similar bodies but could be updated after several models, so the accessory question is very relative.
    Also what are you looking for in your upgrade specifically? Do you want another consumer grade rebel body with more resolution or to jump up a bit to something more advanced with extra features?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
  3. Craig Sherriff

Craig Sherriff Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    60D, 10D, 50D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses. Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    James, you have stated you wish to replace your camera but more importantly, why? and what style of photos do you take, portrait, landscape, etc. My suggestion is if you have set your heart on another camera, go along to a camera store and see what they have in stock, try their cameras out and see if it suits you and your budget.