Replacement Batteries

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Razormom, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Razormom

Razormom New Member

Equipment:
    60D
    Hello,
    I’m new here and it’s pretty confusing!
    I’m looking for a source to buy good, less expensive back up batteries online. Advice appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Razormom

2. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    Hello and welcome!

As far as batteries, you can buy them easily on amazon, I caution the off brand batteries as I know people have reported issues with them and issues charging. To make them cheap they short cut on circuitry inside. This could cause failure and even melting/fire in worst case scenario. I did buy a ravpower 2 battery bundle with its own charger for 30 off amazon as a backup. I do not recommend mixing cheap batteries/chargers with the official ones.

3. rayallen

rayallen Well-Known Member Site Supporter

I needed a new charger for my 20D and bought one from eBay which also included two non-genuine batteries. They work OK but do not last nearly as long as the genuine Canon batteries that were in the camera when I got it.
    The message is that non-genuine batteries are cheaper for a reason: they are not as good as the genuine article. You get what you pay for.