Returning to photography after a few years

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Ian Carroll, May 28, 2024.

1. Ian Carroll

Ian Carroll New Member

Equipment:
    Canon EOS 20D, Canon EOS 70D, BG-E14 battery grip, Canon 10-18, Canon 18-200, Sigma 18-125, Sigma 70-300, 580EX Speedlite, Slik 88 tripod
    Hello everyone,

I'm Ian and I'm 66 years old. I married to Bev and we have twin daughters and 3 grandchildren. I'm was medically retired 5 years ago and after a lengthily period of ill health, I'm now able to renew my photographic interests. I recently started using my camera again and I've got the bug again. My photographic interests are classic motor shows, motor racing, landscape, nature, architecture and I'd like to get into Astrophotography.

I recently visited The Classic Ford Show at Ardingly, taking many photographs of the cars that I know and drove from my younger days. I posted some of these shots on Facebook, and well the level of interest and messages of "Wonderful, Great, Brilliant" was to be honest extremely flattering. What it did do, was increase my confidence in my photographic skills. Don't get me wrong I sill have a great deal to learn and relearn, but I'm enjoying my photography again, and that's all that matters. I'm hoping to learn and gain advice from the group.

2. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    A little Canon stuff
    Hello Ian and welcome to the forum.

Gary

Ian Carroll likes this.
  3. Ian Carroll

Ian Carroll New Member

Equipment:
    Canon EOS 20D, Canon EOS 70D, BG-E14 battery grip, Canon 10-18, Canon 18-200, Sigma 18-125, Sigma 70-300, 580EX Speedlite, Slik 88 tripod
    Thank you Gary

4. T90

T90 New Member

Equipment:
    2 Canon T90's.300TL flash.50mm F1.8.70-210mm F4.
    Manfrotto 055B tripod with 029 QR head and monopod.
    Tamron wide angle and Sigma one!.28-85mm. Cokin filters and other junk!
    Tamron 500 F8 mirror.Tamron 135mm 2,8
    Hi welcome and like you a returner to the film camera side and have similar interests to you as used to frequent Brands Hatch very often!
    Plus did planes and lots of landscapes like tower bridge at night and St Pauls

5. Craig Sherriff

Craig Sherriff Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    60D, 10D, 50D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses. Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    Welcome to the forum, Ian, I am a couple of years younger but forced to retire from my trade as a mechanical fitter , so I took up photography, 11 years ago I started a photography class and it is going quite well.