Room for one more?

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by GDN, Jul 22, 2018.

1. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    A little Canon stuff
    Hello,

I have not long picked up some used Canon gear, and I am still finding my way around using it. I'm a long time Pentax user of which I still have and use. But back to Canon, a couple of film bodies, all used, and a 7D with a couple of lens. Once I find out how to post a few pictures, I will post some.

Regards

Gary

2. rayallen

rayallen Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Welcome. 7D is a great camera. I don't have one but one of my photog buddies does.

3. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    A little Canon stuff
    Hi Ray,

Thanks. I have not had the 7D for that long to be honest. I am still learning how to use it at the moment. Plus it is my first Canon DSLR, so I am getting around the Canon layout. At some point I am going to start asking those questions about what lens to get, and which ones to avoid. I have a couple of used EOS film cameras, and I am currently using what came with them. On an impulse, I even picked up an AE-1 program complete with it's own "mouse" squeak. That is a project for another day. It does not look like an impossible fix.

I have also posted my first picture to see how's it done.

Gary

4. rayallen

rayallen Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Hi Gary,

I know exactly what you are going through. I got my two two Canon DSLRs in April 2017 and it took a while to become accustomed to the Canon menus but I know how to drive them by now. I have been a Pentax user since 1975 and I started out with Pentax DSLRs in 2007. It has been an interesting challenge learning and using two very different menu systems and ways of operating but I enjoy a challenge and I was determined to get the best out of the two old Canons.

I no longer shoot film as I find the immediacy of digital too exciting and satisfying. However, I still have two old Spotmatics that I retain for sentimental reasons. I have purchased adapters so that I can use my old Takumar screw mount lenses on the Canons. It is nice to know that I can use the Takumars on the full frame Canon at their designated focal length.