Saying Hello

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by JohnReid, Aug 25, 2019.

1. JohnReid

JohnReid New Member

I am someone who was heavily into photography decades ago but changed fields and more or less let photography go to the wayside. In the 70s I went to Photo school and then worked mostly in the Scientific and Technical end of things although in the day I did do some commercial work and weddings etc. I mostly did film work but was involved in very early digital photography, 24" tapes as opposed to SD cards LOL. I kept a lot of my gear, F1 system and a Blad but sold all of that when medical issues came up and I needed to get the cash, the last equipment I sold off was in 2003 After that I did get an SX120IS that I later sold and bought a SX160IS which has been a great snapshot camera. Now as I have time on my hands I have the urge to get back into photography and picked up an XSi with an 18/55 lens ( the camera arrived yesterday ) The big hurdle when I was a kid was buying film, I wanted to make photos but being a kid film was too expensive and it looks to me that digital took that expense out of the picture. What can I say, I know the basics as well as a pro but am totally ignorant as far as digital goes. So far I am impressed with the XSi which many have told me is outdated with only 12 mp but to be honest there is more to it than megapixels and for a $100 investment I do not feel that I have done bad. I hope to contribute when I can and also hope to learn as well. This looks like a smaller forum but that can be a good thing as people get to know each other.

2. JRS950

JRS950 Member

Equipment:
    EOS Rebel T6S
    EF-S 18-135; EF-S 55-250; EF 50mm 1.8,
    Speedlite 470EX-AI
    Welcome, and a very interesting background. I think you will glean much from this forum. Good folks helping each other.