Sigma 35mm f1.4 DG HSM " Art "

Discussion in 'Canon Lens Discussion' started by pjv, May 19, 2017.

1. pjv

pjv Guest

Review deleted.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2017
    William Banik likes this.

2. Vasile Guta-Ciucur

Vasile Guta-Ciucur Active Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    Canon EOS 100D
    Canon Lens EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 III
    You did this photo using Pentax K-3. Surely, the colors may differ on a Canon camera. It is a sensor difference between Pentax K-3 sensor and a Canon APS-C sensor. It may be a difference also in sharpness because of the fact that the lens is for fullframe and Canon has a different crop factor than Pentax.

You know, I am also a pentaxforums.com member but because I don't have a Pentax camera, I never posted a photo there, nor I participated in a contest or posted a lens review using my Canon camera. I think here a line must be drawn, one dictated by decency. Make an effort and borrow a Canon camera when you do a lens review or post a photo in Canon gallery. Anyone doing this trick does a disservice to Canon as a brand. When I am going to the pentaxforums, I am interested to see what Pentax cameras and lenses are capable of, and I trust the reviews, the photo examples and the galleries from there. Please, don't destroy this place.

pcake and Harry van Gastel like this.
  3. Harry van Gastel

Harry van Gastel New Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    EOS6D, EOS80D, EOS M,17-40mm, 24-70mm II, EF-S 10-18mm, EF-S 55-250mm, EF-M 18-55mm, EF-M 22mm, 90mm TS-E, Samyang 135mm, Sigma 35mmA, 50mmA & 100-300mm f/4 APO, 90EX, 430EX, 580EXII
    I own both the 35 and the 50 Art lenses by Sigma, and find them to be quite different. The 35, to me, is more reliable (focus and exposure), while the 50 is to be used with utmost care when focusing; and you have to overexpose by ⅓ - ½ stop, at least on my Canon 6D. But, if applied right, it really "does it" for me. If I had to restrict myself to just 1 prime, it would be the 50, no doubt about that. Sharpness, contrast, colour. But its size and weight are the same as the also awesome 24-70 II (still surprising me after 4 years). Which narrows its use to f/1.4 - 2.5...

Vasile Guta-Ciucur likes this.
  4. pjv

pjv Guest

A valid point.

Vasile Guta-Ciucur likes this.
  5. Robert Shears

Robert Shears Active Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    Pentax K-5, K-r, K20D, K100D Super.
    Canon G5, Canon 450D, Eos 100, 500, 600, T70 and T90
    Konica Minolta 7D
    Various OEM and 3rd party lenses in Pentax, Minolta and Canon.
    I came back to this thread to find the original post had been deleted.
    I liked the image and until it was pointed out that it was not taken with a Canon camera had no idea that it was taken with a Pentax.
    The section is entitled;
    "Canon Lens Discussion
    Need a recommendation or just want to talk lenses in general? Post here!"
    Seems a fair post to me, it was about the lens, no apparent intent to disparage anyone or anything.
    Third party lenses now do not always have automatic production in Pentax mounts, a fact bemoaned about on the Pentax Forums. Canon users are lucky in that respect.
    Some Canon users have use of Pentax lenses with adapters on their Canons, should that be criticised?
    Am I too tolerant?

6. Vasile Guta-Ciucur

Equipment:
    Canon EOS 100D
    You judge a lens made for Canon EOS system (on a Canon forum). How that lens (or the image through the lens) looks on this system. Please don't derail! There are differences even in the EOS system between fullframe and APS-C Canon sensors. Then is the sensor plus processor that gives the color base. But anyway, you can't make a lens review (not matter the brand) on a different camera/system. Is just plain stupid (at least). You know? That is what you get on flea market from some dubious merchants...
    Standards...

johnsey likes this.
  7. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    I'd have to agree, when posting about a third part lens someone reading a review on a canon related site is expecting to learn how it performs as on canon cameras. Some part of the gear should be canon, be it lens or body.

pcake and Vasile Guta-Ciucur like this.
  8. Robert Shears

Robert Shears Active Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    Pentax K-5, K-r, K20D, K100D Super.
    Canon G5, Canon 450D, Eos 100, 500, 600, T70 and T90
    Konica Minolta 7D
    Various OEM and 3rd party lenses in Pentax, Minolta and Canon.
    Which is exactly what transpired. Post #3 provided that.

9. Phil

Phil Administrator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    Canon 7D - 50mm F1.8, 70-200mm F4, 17-70mm F2.8-4.5
    There are many ways we can look at this forum. It can be just Canon branded lenses, or lenses that fit Canon camera mounts.

10. Vasile Guta-Ciucur

Equipment:
    Canon EOS 100D
    No problem, we all want and use other brands and manual lenses, but there is one element that won't change: the Canon body.

Harry van Gastel likes this.