SX610 will not go to Macro mode

Discussion in 'Technical Troubleshooting' started by jack63ss, Oct 30, 2020.

1. jack63ss

jack63ss New Member

Equipment:
    Canon HX610
    My wife and I both have SX610s and both have the same problem. Pressing the Macro/Left button does NOT show the Macro menu. I went as far as doing a Reset All, but pressing that button does NOTHING, unless you are reviewing pictures (and interestingly, the Flash/Right button doesn't do anything either).
    Now this might be okay if my camera would focus on things close up, but it will not, Anything closer that about 12" and it won't focus. I have an SX120 that I just fixed (stuck lens) and it will focus at 3" just fine.
    So what is it that we are doing wrong ? Is there some setting that is disabling Macro and close-up focus ?
    Thanks
    Jack

2. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    A little Canon stuff

The only suggestion that I can make is that does the lens need to be at a certain focal length to go into the macro setting?

Gary

3. Gregory Lee

Gregory Lee Member

Equipment:
    Canon 80D
    Canon M50
    Canon M100
    A bunch of lenses and other stuff
    According to page 158 of the manual Macro mode is not available in certain shooting modes. Your camera should be able to focus on objects between 5cm and 50cm (2" and 20" approx) in macro mode. According to the following webpage your camera needs to be set to P (Program) mode in order for you to use Macro mode. https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART100432

Hope this helps.

Cheers G.