Street The Letter Box

Discussion in 'Post Your Photos' started by rayallen, Aug 25, 2020.

1. rayallen

rayallen Well-Known Member Site Supporter

An unusual letter box I found in Annandale, Sydney. Canon EOS-1Ds, Canon EF 28-80mm f3.5-5.6. 1/160s, f5, ISO 100. C0EW1745.jpg

2. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    A little Canon stuff

Unusual, yes. Looks like it has been constructed using material from around the house.

Good spotting.

Gary

3. rayallen

Thanks, Gary. Yes, I think it is a victim of reuse, recycle. There is a letter that has been delivered so it is working.

4. kevin davies

kevin davies Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    eos 80D
    This where they put second class post Nice capture

5. rayallen

Agreed. I don't think it is fit for first class mail. :D

6. Craig Sherriff

Craig Sherriff Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    60D, 10D, 50D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses. Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    An interesting shot, Ray.

7. rayallen

Thank you, Craig. I'll take a photo of almost anything. :)

8. Craig Sherriff

Craig Sherriff Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    60D, 10D, 50D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses. Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    It is in better condition than my mailbox, when I first moved into my home, I made a new letter box up that looked like a small version of my new house, I had just repainted the house and had a little paint left over, so I painted the letter letter box to look the same as the house.
    Over the course of 2 months the letter box was constantly vandalized, the last time it was smashed beyond repair. This was replaced with a conventional metal one, which they contented themselves with ripping the post it was on out of the ground. I put the poor battered thing back in the ground and bashed the letter box back into shape.
    It has been that way for the last twenty years.

9. rayallen

I know exactly what you went through, Craig. We had a similar experience many years ago. Our solution was to just completely remove the letter box and get a post office box. That worked. No further problems.