TS5320 Printer Won't Connect to Wifi

Discussion in 'Beginner Questions' started by JordanW, Sep 12, 2020.

1. JordanW

JordanW New Member

Equipment:
    TS5320 Printer
    Hello, newbie here. I bought a Canon Printer (the TS5320) and it arrived recently. I have tried to set it up, but it won't connect to my router or Windows 10 laptop. I bought it online from Target, so it should be working just fine. But it isn't. I have prepared it and followed the steps mentioned in the Getting Started booklet it came with. However, when I put in the installation CD, I can't get past Step 2 because it refuses to connect. Last I checked, it's supposed to be a bluetooth printer, so I don't understand what's wrong. I have pressed the wireless connect button, but when I look at the Wifi symbol on the printer, it has an x beneath it.

I have zero idea on what I'm doing wrong. It also won't connect to my iPad. It says it's connected on my Android phone, but it won't print a sample picture from my device. It says connection is enabled, but it's disconnected. I don't have a usb cable for the printer either. Bluetooth is enabled on all three of my devices. Do I have to buy a usb cable or is there a way to fix this?

2. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    I'm pretty sure you need to connect the printer through WPS using the instructions. Its a router thing, so you need to figure out if your router has a actual button or a software button in the user interface. You need to hit th wireless connect on both to pair them. Then you can add the printer on windows 10. For BT connectivity or air-print type printing you should get the canon print app that will allow blutooth printing from your phone. At least this has been my experience with many printers over the years.

3. JordanW

JordanW New Member

Equipment:
    TS5320 Printer
    Thank you for your response! Unfortunately, my router didn't have a WPS button, but I did manage to log into the router online and activate the WPS setting. I then entered the pin that my printer generated for it and it now prints! Thank you again!

4. johnsey

johnsey Site Moderator Staff Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    5dMk4, 5dsR, 5dMk2, 20D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100mm 2.8 Macro USM, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0L, TS-E 24mm 3.5L II, Rokinon 14mm 2.8; Pixma Pro-100
    Glad you got it working :)