Urgent Help Needed - Canon 80D

Discussion in 'Technical Troubleshooting' started by Sagent, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Sagent

Sagent New Member

Equipment:
    Canon 80D
    Recorded a video as I always do but this time I went to play it back on the camera and its going twice the speed and no audio. Whats going on and how can I fix my recording?

2. Craig Sherriff

Craig Sherriff Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    60D, 10D, 50D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses. Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    Sagent,1. what is the setting on your camera compared to one of the videos that you have not had a issue with.
    This will be the first place to start.
    2. When I edit my films in Photoshop and fast forward them to certain places in the video for editing there is no sound so have a look if this is happening in your camera.

3. Joey Williams

Joey Williams Member

Equipment:
    Sony Alpha 77
    It's possible that the recording settings on your camera were changed accidentally, causing the video to be recorded at a faster speed and without audio. Here are some steps you can take to try and fix your recording:

1. Check the camera settings: Look for settings related to video recording, such as frame rate and audio settings. Make sure they are set correctly.

2. Check the video playback settings: Try playing back the video on a different device to see if the issue persists. If the problem is with the camera, the video should still be playing at twice the speed and without audio on a different device.

3. Use video editing software: If the video is still not playing back correctly, try importing it into video editing software and adjusting the playback speed and audio settings.

4. Contact the manufacturer or a professional: If none of these steps work, you may need to contact the manufacturer for support or seek the help of a professional.
    It's always a good idea to double-check your camera settings before recording to avoid similar issues in the future.