Wash Day

Discussion in 'Critique' started by Roxi Tisha Lynn, Dec 22, 2021.

1. Roxi Tisha Lynn

Roxi Tisha Lynn New Member

Equipment:
    EOS M100
    IMG_7326.jpg

I am now housebound for the holidays and am taking the time to work on composition and technique. As I usually spend my time out this is a new and confining situation. I am working with what I have on hand, lol, and enjoying processing time. Looking for honest critique.

Craig Sherriff, JRS950 and GDN like this.

2. Craig Sherriff

Craig Sherriff Well-Known Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    60D, 10D, 50D 1dmark3, T70, AV1, lenses ranging from 28mm to 600 mm, canonet Junior, Canonet QL 25, Mamiya C3 and 3 lens sets,Mamiya 645 pro TL and 3 lenses. Pentax MG and various lenses, Toyoview 4 * 5 inch large format camera,Calimat C1 8*10 inch ultra large format camera.
    Nicely laid out roxi, the main thing is it tells a story, also I have a heap of woolen soxes that need washing, do you mind if I send them over to you.

JRS950 likes this.
  3. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    A little Canon stuff
    I really like this image. I like the subject, I like the way you have laid out the subject matter. I like the dark areas as well.

If I was going to change one thing, and I am being really picky here, I would have given the subject a little more space along the bottom under the towel.

Other than that, well done.

Gary

4. Old Film Bloke

Old Film Bloke Active Member Site Supporter

Equipment:
    A-1, AE-1, FTbn, FD lenses: 28mm f2.8, 35mm f3.5,50mm f1.8, 50mm f1.4, 100mm f2.8, 200mm f4, 75-150mm f4.5 zoom Tokina FD fit 300mm f2.8, extension tubes, Gift CANON 1000F + kit lens and a Sigma 70-210mm, Gift CANON EOS 300v + 28mm f4-5.6 and 75-300mm f4-5.6 Another GIFT a CANON POWERSHOT G5 Digital ,2008 EOS 1000D DIGITAL
    the Highlights on the Towel are a but 'Burnt Out' and there is a slight Magenta Colour Cast -- add a bit of Green

5. wagonwheel

wagonwheel New Member

Equipment:
    80D
    I like this image, I keep coming back to it, probably because of it's simplicity. For critique: The white specks in the dark parts are distracting, my eye keeps going to them. It seems as though the washtub is not level, it may just be my old eyes. Perhaps a little more space at the bottom with some water spilled on the floor might work, especially if you could get a reflection? Thank you for sharing.