White Balance

Discussion in 'Photographic Technique' started by Clive, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Clive

Clive New Member

Equipment:
    Canon EOS 70D
    Hi,
    I take a lot of photographs of items against a white sheet. When they are printed, the white sheet has a distinct blue tinge. The lighting is just daylight, and it make no difference which time of the year the photos are taken. I know where I can adjust the setting for WB - but which one will deal with the blue tinge?
    Thanks, in anticipation.
    Clive

2. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    A little Canon stuff
    If you are just using daylight as your main lighting, your white balance should also be set to daylight. What is the white balance set to at the moment?

Gary

3. Caladina

Caladina Well-Known Member

Equipment:
    Canon M50
    Canon 18-45mm m, Canon 18-150mm m, Canon 55-200mm m, Canon 22mm m, Canon 28mm m macro,
    Sigma 100-400c ef, Sigma 18-35mm art ef,
    7artisans 7.5mm m, Laowa 100mm macro ef, laowa 9mm zeroD m, Vintage M42 Lenses:
    Ashi Super - Takumar 1.8 / 55mm,
    take a look at colour balancing for printing / using a colour checker on youtube, i have watched a few in general on wb from what i remember you need to use a colour checker to accurately wb your images so when you hand them off to the printers they have the correct wb from the colour checker, this rules out monitor colour differences etc, if you want to go a step further having your monitor colour balanced to the colour checker is a good step too as the printers should have all thier equipment balanced to a standard
    index.jpg

4. Clive

Clive New Member

Equipment:
    Canon EOS 70D
    Many thanks for your advice - both. Plenty to be going on with.
    I'm just a keen amateur! Good advice.